A national register of certified spirometry professionals and operators is set to launch. The framework is endorsed by NHS England and was co-produced by a stakeholder group comprising Association for Respiratory Technology & Physiology (ARTP), Association of Respiratory Nurse Specialists, Asthma UK, British Lung Foundation, British Thoracic Society, Education for Health, and Primary Care Respiratory Society UK.
Monica Fletcher, Chair of the Stakeholder Group and Chief Executive of Education for Health, writes for Futures on how the framework is more than just another hoop to jump through.
- Taskforce for Lung Health: call for evidence
- Applications open for Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis £300k grant to fund major IPF research project
- NIHR PHR Air pollution: outdoor air quality and health - closing date 20 March
- Funding competition - Biomedical Catalyst round 4: late stage award
- BTS launches a QI tool for smoking cessation and new Clinical Advice Service for MDR-TB
- Report published on key differences between BTS/SIGN and NICE asthma guidelines
- NHS RightCare launches COPD pathway
- New BLF report: Out in the cold - lung disease, the hidden driver of NHS winter pressure
- PHE’s Health Matters focuses on antibiotics
- DVLA update driving regulations for patients with sleep apnoea