A national register of certified spirometry professionals and operators is set to launch. The framework is endorsed by NHS England and was co-produced by a stakeholder group comprising Association for Respiratory Technology & Physiology (ARTP), Association of Respiratory Nurse Specialists, Asthma UK, British Lung Foundation, British Thoracic Society, Education for Health, and Primary Care Respiratory Society UK.
Monica Fletcher, Chair of the Stakeholder Group and Chief Executive of Education for Health, writes for Futures on how the framework is more than just another hoop to jump through.
- Leading healthcare professor Don Berwick says NHS could be world number one if it integrates care
- Revised BTS position statement on driving and OSA
- Stop smoking services should be available to all smokers, says RCGP
- PCRS-UK annual conference
- BTS Guideline for Bronchiectasis in adults: public consultation now open
- Four vacancies open for application at Education for Health
- Taskforce for Lung Health: call for evidence
- Applications open for Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis £300k grant to fund major IPF research project
- NIHR PHR Air pollution: outdoor air quality and health - closing date 20 March
- Funding competition - Biomedical Catalyst round 4: late stage award