The Royal College of Physicians' Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services Accreditation Scheme (PRSAS) launched on 23 April 2018, and is now accepting registrations from services that want to start working towards accreditation.
Following a successful pilot funded by NHS England, the scheme will provide services with:
- invaluable expertise and up to date guidance on improving standards and enhancing patient experience
- a robust quality improvement process involving self-assessment and assessment from experienced professionals
- access to best practice standards based on the British Thoracic Society’s quality standards for pulmonary rehabilitation
- access to a new intuitive web tool to support quality improvement
- evaluation and feedback on your service’s current practice
- a badge of quality to reassure patients, commissioners and regulators
The scheme was developed in association with the British Thoracic Society and the British Lung foundation and will run in partnership with the RCP’s National Asthma and COPD Audit Programme (NACAP).
An evaluation report on the pilot can be found on the RCP website.