Trainees have expressed concern about the lack of clear, concise information they need to maximise opportunities, including having access to the best training resources. Where advice is available it can be contradictory, out-dated or irrelevant.
In response, we are building this dedicated area as a unique and invaluable resource for them with a user Forum at its heart.
To get this right, this constantly evolving area offers a range of resources that are refined and renewed by a community of enthusiastic respiratory trainees themselves.
This programme is also supported by BTS’s Specialty Trainees Advisory Group (you can read more about them on the BTS website) but, really, it is created by you.
We hope you find our current content useful, including the 'Training in respiratory medicine' PDF at the bottom of this page, and welcome your comments, suggestions and votes, particularly in the Forum.
We are keen to hear your ideas for other ways we can use this programme area to support your training. Please get in touch with ideas.
Dr Lola Loewenthal, Specialty Trainees Advisory Group Chair
Dr Sheila Ramjug, BTS STAG Digital Champion
Please open the following 'Training in respiratory medicine' PDF to access information on:
- Training Days and conferences
- Joint Royal College of Physician Training Board (JRCPTB)
- E- portfolio
- Hints and Tips (Curricula and Log Books)
- Thoracic Ultrasound
- BTS membership
- BTS Specialty Trainee Advisory Group (STAG)
- Parental leave
- Less than full time training (LTFT)
- Out of Programme (OOP)
- Types of OOP category
- Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) (including principal ARCP outcomes)
- Penultimate Year Assessment (PYA)
- Who can I contact for help?