A national register of certified spirometry professionals and operators is set to launch. The framework is endorsed by NHS England and was co-produced by a stakeholder group comprising Association for Respiratory Technology & Physiology (ARTP), Association of Respiratory Nurse Specialists, Asthma UK, British Lung Foundation, British Thoracic Society, Education for Health, and Primary Care Respiratory Society UK.
Monica Fletcher, Chair of the Stakeholder Group and Chief Executive of Education for Health, writes for Futures on how the framework is more than just another hoop to jump through.
- BTS and Respiratory Futures session at the RCP Medicine 2019 conference
- The CURE Project launches a new website
- COPD patients in Greater Manchester get the Aardman treatment in new animation
- Take part in asthma research - register for REACH
- More than a medical symptom: the need for holistic care of breathlessness
- Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis Appoints New CEO
- Primary Care Respiratory Academy Fit to Care videos
- Simple breath test could identify millions of people living with lung disease
- NHS staff urge national policy makers to adopt a more ‘radical approach’ to scaling integrated working across NHS – enabling patients with lung disease to be treated closer to home & reducing demand on hospitals
- Dr Nick Hopkinson appointed as new Medical Director at the British Lung Foundation