A national register of certified spirometry professionals and operators is set to launch. The framework is endorsed by NHS England and was co-produced by a stakeholder group comprising Association for Respiratory Technology & Physiology (ARTP), Association of Respiratory Nurse Specialists, Asthma UK, British Lung Foundation, British Thoracic Society, Education for Health, and Primary Care Respiratory Society UK.
Monica Fletcher, Chair of the Stakeholder Group and Chief Executive of Education for Health, writes for Futures on how the framework is more than just another hoop to jump through.
- Simple breath test could identify millions of people living with lung disease
- NHS staff urge national policy makers to adopt a more ‘radical approach’ to scaling integrated working across NHS – enabling patients with lung disease to be treated closer to home & reducing demand on hospitals
- Dr Nick Hopkinson appointed as new Medical Director at the British Lung Foundation
- A new approach to treating tobacco dependence
- New Asthma UK report: 'On the edge: How inequality affects people with asthma'
- Royal Free London's new electronic patient record
- Asthma UK WhatsApp chat service
- Trusts to pilot device that helps detect deteriorating patients
- Respiratory Futures staff changes: with many thanks to Aileen Muir
- Asthma UK and the UK Inhaler Group launch new Inhaler videos